s right, beach season, summer, bathing suit weather. With the dog days quickly approaching, many people are asking the same question: How can I burn off fat quickly?
1. High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT): The concept of this method takes advantage of your body’s long-term metabolism. Begin by warming up at about 50% intensity for 3-5 minutes. Once you are warmed up, begin your intervals. Each interval consists of 30 seconds going as hard as you can, followed by 30 seconds at a 50% maximum effort pace. For your first time, try to complete between 5-8 repetitions. This workout can be adapted to almost any kindof cardio, including jump rope, running, swimming, and biking. This method maximizes the amount of fat burned in the long term by keeping your metabolism at a higher rate for a longer period when you are finished. You can burnmore fat with the HIIT method in less than half the time than with a moderate intensity cardio workout due to the effects
2. Exercise Supplements: With a balanced diet, several supplements are proven to increase the burning of fat and get you to that goal weight or size faster than cardio alone. As always, check with your doctor before starting any supplement regimen to ensure your safety and health.
• Acetyl L-Carnitine: This supplement assists in the fat burning
process by increasing the oxidation of fat. It helps transport long chain fatty acids to the mitochondria of a cell so the fat can be
broken down and used for energy.
• Branched Chain Amino Acids: Really intense workouts can make your body break down muscle to use for energy. Taking BCAAs
helps so your body does not have to break down muscle tissue.
3. Time does matter: Morning is the best time to do cardio because you haven’t eaten anything, namely carbohydrates. Carbs increase your insulin level, which decreases fat burn. It is recommended, however, that you take 5-6g of BCAAs before morning cardio, though, in order to prevent the breakdown of muscle tissue.
Now, who wants to burn fat? I think that's a resounding aye, aye from all of you! Let's get going and see you at Beyond!